1) Yes, we're still alive!
2) My main growth project -- finishing my PhD -- is complete!
3) In the next couple of months, we'll be deciding whether or not to change my career in 2017. My work is going very well and I'm engaged in some very interesting new projects, but there are also great opportunities elsewhere... decisions, decisions!
4) I miss blogging, but I'm not going to do it unless I can do it with excellence and authenticity. I'm disappointed with most of the content out there and all of the tricks associated with ranking, SEO, etc. I won't engage in anything that isn't authentic or that isn't written to a high standard!
5) We have essentially no side gigs going on right now. Jen has moved from full time to a couple of part-time jobs and I'm still working harder than ever in my current job. We still make $10-$50 in blog income each month though, mostly from Amazon.com affiliate links! Crazy stuff...
6) We are very close to being financially prepared in case we transition in 2017. This includes enough passive income to live without jobs (if we must, until we find our next gigs) and the money we'll need to buy a house.
7) For those who kept track of my P2P loan returns, I'm still drawing down both accounts. Their returns currently: Lending Club- 7.39%; Prosper- 12.46%.
It will be interesting to see if anyone is still out there! Drop me a note in the comments if you are!